Farmington Hills, Michigan’s preferred choice for intensive programs, individualized services, and proven effective therapies is Blossom Children’s Center. We specialize in early intervention for children through age eight with autism spectrum disorder and special needs. As a multidisciplinary team, we are committed to working closely with your family to help meet the needs of your child. We utilize the Applied Behavior Analysis, or ABA, comprehensive approach to introduce developmental and behavioral techniques. Through real-world challenges and experiences, we work to prepare you and your child for success. Valuing your role as the parent, we are dedicated to working closely with your family, providing training and support.
The Blossom Method
Using a combination of evidence-based approaches, we maximize the potential and progress of every child. Our team of therapists here at our Novi Michigan Center, implements:
- The Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) is an effective form of behavioral therapy used with young children with autism. Through methods of play, natural routines, and individualized activities, we work with you and your child on building relationships, strengthening cognitive skills, and communication skills.
- Pivotal Response Training (PRT) targets your child’s “pivotal” developmental areas. These developmental areas include social interactions, self-management, and motivation. We focus on these critical areas to promote improvements across the areas of the areas of communication, academic skills, behavior, and social interaction.
- Direction Instruction (DI) is a successful, teacher-directed approach. Its curriculum and teaching methods are effective when used with young children with autism spectrum disorder. These areas include attention, language, social engagement, and the development of his academic skills.
Our Programs and Services
At Blossom Children’s Center, we provide many services and program options for our families in Farmington Hills and the surrounding areas to meet your family’s needs:
- Intensive ABA Therapy Programs for infants up to children 8 years of age
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Counseling which includes:
- Individual counseling for children and adults
- Family therapy
- Art therapy
- Support groups:
- Parent Support Groups
- Social Skills Groups for children up to age 12
If your family is in the Farmington Hills, Michigan area, we invite you to visit our center. Find out more about scheduling your consultation today.