SLP Student Opportunities
Undergraduate Student Volunteer Program
Volunteering at Blossom provides a unique opportunity to observe and work alongside speech pathologists, occupational therapists, art therapists, counselors and board-certified behavior analysts. If you are interested in hearing about specific volunteer or observation opportunities, please use the button at the bottom of this page to get connected!
Speech Pathology Graduate Internships
Blossom’s goal is to give back to our profession and provide quality clinical training. Our internship program allows us to partner with local universities to provide graduate students with diverse clinical training and offer a variety of learning opportunities in an outpatient setting.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed speech-language pathologist, the student will complete speech and language evaluations, conduct individual and group treatment sessions, write daily session and quarterly progress notes, participate in weekly collaborative meetings, provide parent education, develop problem solving skills and refine clinical reasoning skills.
Blossom Will Provide:
- Clients to obtain or near the set number of hours required as directed by the university affiliate set for therapy and evaluations.
- A qualified supervisor
- Positive and collaborative work environment
- Resources to carry with the student as they become a practicing clinician to develop and refine treatment skills for clientele ages 18 months-8 years of age.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a speech pathology graduate program
- Applicants should have completed one prior clinical rotation
- Student will participate in an interview and be assigned to an SLP supervisor
- The schedule will be directed by the university affiliate